background1

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

16 Week Surprise!

Oh my goodness, we received the most exciting news yesterday when we did not expect it at all! We are going to have a baby boy!!! We are beyond excited and we cannot wait to meet his adorable little face. Soo here's the story on how it all worked out! We were not scheduled for a sonogram this time since it was our 16 week appointment; however, due to a cyst in my right ovary, they decided to schedule a sono. While the lady was looking at my cyst I asked her if we could take a look at the baby... I mean who wouldn't want to see their baby moving around if they could?!? Immediately she said yes and we got to see him :) He is definitely going to be one laid back baby! He was just laying in a little nook, yawning and kicking his legs (which have gotten very long by the way)! I then asked if it was too soon to tell if it was a girl or boy and she decided to take a look! Much to my surprise, she said it's a BOY! Immediately I began to cry and Brandon began cheering with excitement! Afterwards we spoke with the doctor and she said it's most likely accurate, but due to me only being 16 weeks, she suggested we hold off on painting the room or buying lots of things. Therefore, we go back on Jan. 6th for the full anatomy screening and hopefully nothing will have changed ;) 


Brandon is beyond thrilled at the idea of having a little boy in his life. He immediately told me to swallow a baseball so the baby can start playing with it in my tummy! Ha! He also started talking about looking at baseball camps, baseball schools, and baseball leagues for him to attend..... I think I've got my hands full here! I cannot wait to decorate his room (after our next appt. of course) and start buying him outfits. He is definitely going to be the most handsome little boy, especially if he takes after his daddy :)


I'm not sure why this picture looks more yellow, but I'm definitely going to have to figure it out! 

How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Well, according to the doctor, I haven't gained any weight! However, according to the scale at my school, I've gained 2 pounds. I don't know why either scale tells so little weight, I feel like I've gained a ton!
Maternity clothes? a few shirts, still holding on tight to my normal jeans!
Stretch Marks? Nope!
Sleep: Sleep is going great! It's just keeping warm that hasn't been fun!
Best moment this week:  Finding out about our baby boy!! Eeek!!!
Miss Anything?  Sandwiches still...
Movement: Not sure, they say I'll know when it happens, but what if it's happened and I don't realize it!
Food cravings: pickles and olives... still
Anything making you queasy or sick:  KK's bread pudding ;)
Have you started to show yet: See above!
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy Happy!
Looking forward to: Pajama day tomorrow at school!!! Yayy for a comfy day! Also there is only 7 days left until our Christmas break, thank you Lord!!

2 comments:

  1. No more bread pudding on Wednesdays, ok? Boy, oh boy! xo, kk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!!! Excited is not nearly a big enough word! We would be thrilled with a boy or a girl...but it's really wonderful to finally have a real idea of what this precious baby is! We'll try not to go berserk buying things till January...just in case! We love you three so much! Everyday brings us closer to holding this amazing little bundle! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete