background1

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

38 Weeks... Woah Mama!!


Or at least he's supposed to be the size of a pumpkin...

I cannot believe we are TWO weeks away from my due date! (14 days... WOW!) Brandon says, "Where has the time gone?" and I say, "I feel like I've been pregnant forever!" This week I had my first appointment with the new doctor and it went well. He's extremely nice and I'm not sure why I freaked out about it to begin with. He did tell me that I'm FINALLY a centimeter dilated, but everything else is the same. Michael is however measuring at 36 weeks still, so the doctor wants to do an ultrasound next week to make sure he's still growing. I know he's perfectly perfect in every way, so I know everything is going to be just fine. He just might be tucked into a nice position where we cannot get his full measurement... right?!? I also found out that I've been having contractions and I didn't even know it! Of course they're not anything to worry about at the moment, but I didn't even know I was having them to begin with! When the nurse was checking Michael's heart rate, she told me I was having one and I had no clue! oops! 

How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 19 pounds again.... I wonder if I'll go this entire pregnancy and never reach 20??
Maternity clothes? a few
Stretch Marks? Nope... 
Sleep: sleep is sleep, extremely uncomfortable, but trying to get as much of it as I can
Best moment this week: Finding out that I'm finally dilated!!! Woohoo! It's also Teacher Appreciation Week, so receiving various "goodies" from my kids has been really nice... Hearing that they still like me even though I'm "mean" makes me it even better! ha! 
Miss Anything? the ability to sit down without a butt or leg in my ribs... every time I sit, he wedges something in there! 
Movement: yep yep
Food cravings: everything
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: Baby Boy 
Pregnancy Symptoms: tons of pressure and braxton hicks... I just keep waiting for the real deal!
Belly Button in or out? Out 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and ANXIOUS!
Looking forward to: Dana's wedding this weekend, my birthday and Mother's Day on Sunday, and spending it all with family!!! I'm still hoping I'll wake up each day and it will be "The Day" though....

1 comment:

  1. I'm writing this tonight, the night of your 1st Mother's Day as a mother-to-be and also your 25th birthday. I can't write in words what you mean to me, I don't think there is any way to really express what I'm feeling right now.
    You have been the most amazing person during this whole pregnancy. You have not complained about anything...except how much you miss Dr Pepper and a good old sandwich. ha!ha! You will be a wonderful mommy to Michael, mostly because you are not selfish and willing to sacrifice much in order to be sure that Michael is completely healthy and very well taken care of even before he takes his first breath. Brandon and you are so cute together and Michael will not want for anything especially when it comes to being loved and cared for by his parents. He is one blessed little baby to be born into your little family.
    I want you to know, you have all our support and love in these days coming ahead and for all the months and years in raising him as you will. Prayers are constantly being sent up for you and your baby, as well as Brandon. I have all the confidence in the world, what great parents you will be.
    I love you with all of my heart. My sweet baby girl, who is about to become a Mommy.
    Happy 25th Birthday and Happy Mother's Day.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete